Sunday, March 1, 2015

Big Apple Seeds?

Good morning from the Big Apple!

As I'm sure you've read from other posts, our students enjoyed a very exciting and moving day of sightseeing in Manhattan.  All are becoming experts at managing staggered tour start times and navigating the hustle and bustle of touring life in the big city.

I have had the honor and privilege to travel with the DGN (and DGS) bands several times over the past 20 years.  Each time I'm proud of the way they perform musically and conduct themselves personally.  This trip is no exception!  Our students are doing a great job!

My favorite moments on this trip thus far have been seeing so many students, that I think I know pretty well, get excited about something new and different for them that I wouldn't have predicted would be "the thing" for them.  I honestly feel like the seeds some new interests and and deeper enthusiasm for a wide variety of things (theatre, music, history, living in the big city, etc.) have been planted - and that's what touring like this should be all about!!


So... On to today!  More sightseeing, some great Broadway shows and another fantastic dinner together!  And... oh yeah... that HUGE PERFORMANCE TOMORROW!!!