Sunday, March 8, 2015

Looking Back

I can't believe it's been only a week since we performed in New York City; it seems like it was ages ago.  This trip was an incredible experience, and one that I will never forget.

It taught me to never limit my goals, because if you think you can achieve something, and you work hard enough, then you can.  I never could have imagined having the opportunity to play on the world's most famous stage, and yet we did.

I will never forget how proud I felt at the end of Angels in the Architecture; proud of the band, proud of myself, proud of the work that every single person involved in our program did to make this trip and this performance happen.

Over the course of this trip, I learned that I absolutely love big cities.  I love the feeling of being among millions of people that you may never meet, and I love knowing that there is something new to explore everywhere you go.

I learned that I have the best friends in the world, and I learned that I can never ever give up music, because there is nothing else like it.  I will always remember this trip, if not for the feeling of playing in Carnegie Hall, then for the time that I got to spend with my band family.


.