Sunday, March 8, 2015

Reflecting on New York

Going to New York City with the band and performing in Carnegie hall is a memory that will stay with me forever. The whole trip, from beginning to end was a unique and amazing experience, and the performance in Carnegie hall topped everything off. Not many people can say that they have performed in Carnegie Hall. I will always remember the sound of bar 149 in Angels in the Architecture. This is when a brass choir voices the hymn "Old Hundredth". This part of the music sounded, in my opinion, better than we had ever played it before, and sounded great in Carnegie Hall. While I doubt I will ever again be able to experience performing on that stage again,I hope that someday I will be able to visit NYC again, and return to Carnegie Hall to hear someone else perform.