Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The End

So we're back home now, and it simultaneously feels like we've been gone for 5 minutes and 5 weeks.  This trip was an incredible experience from beginning to end.  From watching a Broadway musical, to shopping in Times Square, to seeing the city from the top of Rockefeller Center, and of course, to peforming in Carnegie Hall, this trip was everything I could have imagined for a visit to the Big Apple.  I am truly amazed by how great both bands sounded on that stage.  I know that I personally will never forget the massive moment near the end of the wind ensemble piece Angels in the Architecture.  We sounded phenomenal and in that moment, I couldn't have been more proud of our band and the hard work that we put into this concert.  This trip was an amazing experience, and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to return to the city that truly never sleeps.